Everest Base Camep Trek Via Gokyo Lakes and Chola Pass
Everest base camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes and Chola Pass is a greatly admired trekking destination of Nepal, where legendary climbers Tenzing Norgay Sherpa and Sir Edmund Hillary took their first footsteps in 1953. Everest Base Camp trek is a dream for any trekkers or adventurers worldwide who want to have a lifetime experience of the Himalayan region of Nepal. Following the legendry footsteps just below enormous Mt. Everest, this trekking has a lot to offer for the trekkers.
This adventurous trek to Everest Base Camp Trek via the Gokyo lakes and Chola pass generally starts with a scenic flight to Lukla (2651 m). Then from Lukla, hiking towards base camp begins. The trail leads us through Phakding, beautiful Namche Bazaar, Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and finally, base camp. Namche Bazaar is a small and beautiful town that is the gateway to the Khumbu region. From Namche trail leads us towards Tengboche, where one of the largest monasteries-Tengboche Monastery, is situated, which is 17th century old.
You can visit monasteries and small gumbas and learn about Buddhist people’s ancient culture and tradition. We can enjoy the unique Dumje festival performed in monasteries if we are lucky enough. Similarly, hiking in the forest of colorful rhododendron, birch, and pine trees along with beautiful villages of the Khumbu region is such allure. After reaching base camp, the magical close-up views of Mt. Everest are a great sight to experience. Then from base camp, we head towards Kalapathaar to get even the best views of panoramic peaks. Then our trail will be followed by Pheriche to Namche from Kalapathaar and ends in Lukla.
Our trekking company has been providing the best packages with customized Itineraries to trek in Everest Base camp. We will provide quality trekking services for our clients at a fair cost. Guides and trek leaders of our company are experienced and much more familiar with trekking routes. They have been guiding most of the Himalayan trail for a long time. This trek is ideal for those who are adventure seekers and should not miss this opportunity to trek with us. So explore this Everest base camp trek with us, enjoy your holidays and create loads of memory.
Everest base camp trekking difficulty
Everest base camp trek is the most popular trekking in Nepal. Every people visit the Everest base camp to see the panoramic view of the Mount. Everest. If you don’t do Everest base camp trekking, you must make this trip to Nepal. If you want to make this trip with us, I said that we would surely make this trip your life experience of your life. To do Everest base camp trekking, there is some difficulty. But if you prepare in advance mentally and physically, you will be no problem on the way to the Everest base camp trek.
Trek to Everest base camp starts from Kathmandu with a short flight to Lukla. On that flight, sometime the flight will be delayed and canceled due to the bad weather. But if you take a shared helicopter with some extra payment to get Lukla, you will try the next day for your flight if you have extra time. That is not so big a problem for trekking.
Everest base camp trek is normally 6-7 hours (approx) walking period every day from camp to camp. If you do not comfortable completing your day, reaching the final of the day destination won’t be any problem because there is a teahouse on the way of your daily route to food and lodge for your night.
On the Everest base camp trek, you will get to 5545m (Kala Patthar) ‘s highest altitude. When you get More than 4000m high, there is some risk of high altitude sickness. But if you care about your health, maintain your space of walking range and drink more water on the way of your trekking, you will avoid this risk. You will take a helicopter (available any time) for your treatment and rescue in an emergency.
Some people have different thinking, so some people will want to trek in the low season, which is not comfortable for our bodies. Climate is not good. If you want this type of trip, if you prepare everything and you have some extra time, this is possible to get Everest trekking. It is not comfortable with your cloth day time, but at night there is freezing cold. If you have good clothing preparation, there would not be any more problems.
- Thrilling trek to the world’s tallest peak-Mt. Everest.
- Sparkling views of famous panoramic peaks.
- Experience Himalayan culture and tradition.
- Impressive glaciers and ice fall.
- Explore the alpine vegetation of the Khumbu region.
Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo lakes and Chola pass Itinerary
- Arrival day in Kathmandu Overnight Altitude 1300m
- Sightseeing around Kathmandu
- Kathmandu – Lukla -Manjo 12.4km (Hm up approx 923 Hm down approx 946 Gz approx 5-6h and Overnight Altitude Manjo 2652m).
- Manjo – Namche Bazaar 5.1km (Hm up approx 936 Hm down approx 344 Gz approx 3.5h)
- Namche Bazaar – Khumjung -Khunde (Acclimatisation day)11.2km (Hmup approx 767 Hm down approx 767 Gz approx 5-6h and Overnight accommodation 3450m)/
- Namche bazaar – Dole 12km (Hm up approx 1449 Hm down approx 866 Gz 5-6h)
- Dole – Machhermo 5km (Hm up approx 451 Hm down approx 95 and Gz 4h)
- Machhermo-Gokyo 6.7km (Hm up approx 408 Hm down approx 50 Gz 4=5h)
- Gokyo – Gokyo Ri-Thagnak 7.4km (Hm up approx 631m Hm down approx 699 Gz 7h and Overnight altitude 4700m)
- Thagnak-Chola Pass-Dzongla 8.4km (Hm up approx 760 Hm down approx 627 Gz 7-8h Overnight altitude 4843m)
- Dzongla-Gorakshep 11km (Hm up approx 541 Hm down approx 205 Gz 5-6h and Overnight altitude 5200m)
- Gorakshep-Everest Base Camp-Lobuche 11km (Hm up approx 171 Hm down approx 420 Gz 9h Overnight altitude 4930m)
- Labuche – Pangboche 14km (Hm up approx 128m Hm down approx 1105 Gz approx 5h and Overnight Altitude 3980m)
- Pangboche -Tengboche -Namche Bazaar 13.7 km (Hm up approx 842m Hm down approx 1365m Gz approx 7-8h Overnight altitude 3450m
- Namche Bazaar – Lukla 18.9 km (Hm up 1290 Hm down 1921 Gz approx 7-8h and Overnight altitude 2800m)
- Flight – Kathmandu and Overnight altitude 1300m
- Shopping Day in Kathmandu
- Arrival & Departure Transport By private Car/Van/Bus.
- Three meals a day during the Trekking (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Accommodation in Tea House during the Trekking.
- Three nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu with B/B.
- Trekking Guide and a proter (Sharing by two clients) with Insurance.
- Flight ticket for guide Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu
- Flight ticket for Clients Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with a car and tour guide
- First Aid kit.
- Trekking permit (National Park fee).
- TIMS card (Trekking information management system) is like a permit.
- All needed government tax/vat fees.
- NOTE: The TIMS card is no longer valid in the Sagarmatha National Park of the Khumbu region (Everest trekking route). Instead, the local authority from Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality charges NRs. 2000/trekker as entrance fee
- International Airfare.
- Your travel insurance.
- Sightseeing entrance fees
- Nepal Visa fee (US$ 50 for 30 days and US$ 30 for 15 days. You should get a visa open your arrival)
- Any kind of drinks, items of personal expenses like hot shower, battery charge, telephone, missing meal, WIFI Porters, etc.
- Tips for Guide and Porters
Although it can be customized by request to accommodate your specific needs. The above itinerary is only a guideline; it might change due to fluctuating weather conditions, availability of lodging and campsites, unforeseen political, trail, and environmental, or any other factors beyond our control. In this happen, your Dimas Adventure guide/leader will choose the best way to the final decision on the best alternative after consulting with the group.
At last, if the itinerary is not suitable for you, please do let us know, and we will make a tailor-made it. The itinerary will be very flexible from our side if clients want to change will be possible.
- Day 1
Arrival in Kathmandu
After your arrival in Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu, one of our staff will be there to pick you up from the airport. Then from airport he will transfer you to hotel to take rest. Overnight stay at Hotel.
- Day 2
Pre-trip meeting Sightseeing around Kathmandu
This is the second day of your trip to Nepal and it will begin with fascinating sightseeing tour around Kathmandu Valley. Sightseeing tour includes visit around World heritage site such as Pashupatinath Temple, Swoayambunath (Monkey Temple), Kathmandu durbar square, Patan Durbar square any many more. After finishing sightseeing there will be a meeting in the evening in our office about the trek. Trek leader will explain you about the trek and how to prepare about it. Overnight stay at hotel.
- Day 3
Flight to Lukla from Kathmandu. Trek to Phakding (2700m.)
Leaving hotel early in the morning we will catch flight of Lukla from Kathmandu airport. Flight from Kathmandu up to Lukla is so amazing. After landing in Lukla you can see the amazing views of Himalayan chain surrounding the Lukla village. We will meet our rest of the crew members in Lukla and march ahead towards Manjo which is about 3-4 hours of hike. Overnight stay at Manjo.
- Day 4
Manjo - Namche Bazaar
Starting in Manjo, you can hike to Namche Bazar, the gateway to Everest. Once you reach the destination, you can stay in a hotel or a homestay for two days so that your body can adapt to the altitude and weather.
- Day 5
Namche bazaar - Dole
You need to reach Dole on day four, climbing 800 meters of the upward hill for approximately five hours. This is the path that separates the Gokyo trek from the trek to the Everest Base Camp.
- Day 6
Dole - Machhermo
Though the trek from Dole to Machhermo is not as long as others, this 3-hour hike consists of difficult ascending paths. However, the beautiful scenery along the way will definitely make your time worthwhile.
- Day 6
Machhermo - Gokyo
Similar to your second day, it’ll be better if you took another rest day in Machhermo to adapt to the conditions of Gokyo. This might be the last rest day on tour.
- Day 8
Gokyo - Gokyo Ri-Thagnak
Now, when you reach Gokyo after a six-hour hike from Machhermo, you better visit all the wonderful locations that the place offers for the next three days. A good place to start might be by visiting the Gokyo Lakes.
If you dare, the ninth day would be perfect for a trek back to Dole after reaching the summit of Gokyo Ri as well. Here, you’ll experience the joy of living that only a few people in the world get.
- Day 9
In order to cross the Cho La Pass and descend to Dzongla today, we must get up early. After climbing a ridge and crossing an old moraine, we begin the rocky scramble up to the pass. On the way down, we cross a small glacier that is fairly straightforward. We can also see more excellent views of Ama Dablam and Cholatse once we reach the river.
- Day 10
Dzongla - Gorakshep
Leaving Pheriche and Tengboche, the Lobuche trail follows the valley on the west side of the Khumbu Glacier, contouring above the Tshola Tsho lake to connect with the main Everest trail. As we approach Everest Base Camp, we follow the Khumbu Glacier, which offers spectacular vistas of the surrounding mountains, especially at the crossing of a tributary glacier. We stop for lunch at Gorak Shep before continuing our trek to Base Camp.
- Day 11
Gorakshep - Everest Base Camp - Lobuche
On day eleven, you need to reach Nuptse via a difficult climb Khumbu Glacier. Furthermore, get past the Changri Glacier towards Gorakshep. Finally, you’ll reach Everest Base Camp on the eighth day of the trek. Then, feel the sense of fulfillment and enjoy the day at Everest Base Camp.
- Day 12
Labuche - Pangboche
We take the route back to Pangboche from Labuche. We stay overnight at Pangboche.
- Day 13
Pangboche - Tengboche -Namche Bazaar
Decending down from Pangboche, we reach Tengboche. Further trek downwards takes us to Namche Bazar, our destination for the night.
- Day 14
Namche Bazaar - Lukla
The thirteenth day will be your final day at Solukhumbu district. After you leave Namche, you’ll reach Lukla. Since it’s time to leave, be sure to take in the atmosphere of Lukla and the journey as a whole. Sightseeing, shopping, and relaxing can be a great way to finish off such a great adventure.
- Day 15
Flight - Kathmandu
We take a flight back from Lukla to kathmandu. We stay overnight at a hotel and get much needed rest for the night.
- Day 16
Shopping Day in Kathmandu
This is the second to the last day of your trip, and it will begin with a fascinating sightseeing tour around Kathmandu Valley. Sightseeing tour includes visit around World heritage site such as Pashupatinath Temple, Swoayambunath (Monkey Temple), Kathmandu durbar square, Patan Durbar square any many more. Overnight stay at hotel.
- Day 17
After the long and enjoyable Nepalese experience, you will finally return back to your home nation.